Modern Bible Version Quiz
This is an OPEN BOOK test, so it should be fairly easy to score a 100. Each question is worth 4 points. Add up your total points and grade yourself.
95 – 100 = "A"
90 – 94 = "B"
80 – 89 = "C"
70 – 79 = "D"
0 – 69 = "F"
Using your modern version of the Bible answer the following questions.
As the Bible is your final authority in all matters of belief and practice, you must take your answers from the verse that is in your modern version and not from the footnotes.
1. Look up Matthew 5:44 and fill in the blanks.
"Love your enemies,_____ them that curse you, _____ to them that hate you, and pray for them that _____ and persecute you."
2. According to Matthew 17:21 what two things are required to cast out this type of demon?
3. According to Matthew 18:11 why did Jesus come to earth?
4. According to Matthew 27:2 what was Pilate's first name?
5.According to Matthew 27:35, when the wicked soldiers parted His garments, they were fulfilling the words of the which prophet?
6. In Mark 3:15, Jesus gave the apostles power to cast out demons and to _____?
7. According to Mark 7:16, what does a man need to be able to hear?
8. According to Luke 7:28, what was John (i.e., teacher, prophet, carpenter)? What is his title or last name?
9. In Luke 9:55 what did the disciples know?
10. In Luke 9:56 what did the Son of man not come to do? According to this verse, what did He come to do?
11. How many apostles were with Jesus in Luke 22:14?
12. According to Luke 23:38, in what three languages was the superscription written?
13. In Luke 24:42, what did they give Jesus to eat with His fish?
14. John 3:13 is a very important verse, proving the deity of Christ. According to this verse, where was Jesus (the "Son of man") as He spoke to Nicodemus?
15. What happened each year as told in John 5:4?
16. In John 7:50 what time of day did Nicodemus come to Jesus?
17. In Acts 8:37, what is the requirement for baptism?
18. What did Saul ask Jesus in Acts 9:6?
19. Look at Acts 24:6-8. What would the Jews have done with Paul? What was the chief captain's name? What did the chief captain command?
20. Copy Romans 16:24 word-for-word.
21. In 1 Timothy 3:16 we have probably the greatest verse on the deity of Christ in the Bible. According to this verse, who was manifested in the flesh?
22. In the second part of 1 Peter 4:14, how do they speak of Christ? And what do we as Christians do?
23. Who are the three Persons of the Trinity in 1 John 5:7?
24. Revelation 1:11 is another very important verse that proves the deity of Christ. In the first part of the verse Jesus said: "I am the _____ and _____, the _____ and the _____."
So? How did you do? Not too good, huh?
Well, let me assure you that you didn't really "flunk" – the Bible version you used is what FLUNKED the test.
Get you an old King James Bible and take the quiz again, and I guarantee that you'll do better. You might even make a 100!